UC San Diego offers its students a variety of options to commute to school. Some programs offer discounts and incentives to registered commuters. For more information, visit iRide.ucsd.edu or contact Commute Solutions, (858) 534-7433.
- Triton U-Pass: The Triton U-Pass is available to all registered UC San Diego students who have paid academic quarter transportation fees. U-Pass gives students access to most regional transit services.
- Zimride Ridesharing Network: UC San Diego commuters can connect with drivers and passengers online at zimride.ucsd.edu. This service is available for daily commutes, one-time rides, or out-of-town travel.
- Shuttles: UC San Diego students can ride free shuttles that serve campus, medical centers, and key points off campus.
- Biking: Students who choose to commute from off-campus by bike can register to receive incentives through the Pedal Club. Students can also use a recycled Triton Bike for free on campus.
- Zipcar Carsharing: By joining Zipcar, students can access conveniently located cars with affordable hourly rental rates that include gas and insurance.
- COASTER Club: Students who live off-campus and don't hold a parking permit can join the COASTER Club and receive a discount on monthly COASTER passes.