Happy employees make for a more productive workplace, but the daily commute can sometimes put a damper on the day. Commuter programs assist employees with carpooling, vanpooling, biking, walking, taking transit, and teleworking (or working from home) and provide cost-saving benefits to both employers and employees.
- iCommute Employer Services Program: The iCommute team offers the Employer Services Programs to help employers develop and implement a commuter assistance program that provide employees with commute choices that save money, time, and reduce stress. Commuter benefits are considered a tax-free benefit so both employers and employees save. If you are a business owner or manager, or even an employee who thinks your company could use a hand, iCommute would love to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TeleworkSD: This pilot project provides no cost consulting services and resources for employers who want to implement or expand a telework program in San Diego County.
- Try Transit: The Try Transit program provides eligible employees with a 30-Day pass to try one of the many transit choices – bus, train, or Trolley – in the San Diego region. Employers located within 1/2 mile of a transit stop may be eligible to participate.
- ECO Pass: This MTS program allows employers to buy discounted passes in bulk for those located in the MTS service area.
- Vanpools: iCommute registered vanpools are eligible for a subsidy of up to $400 per month.
- Carsharing for Businesses: Employers can create a corporate account with existing carshare services, to provide employees with convenient and affordable access to a vehicle when they need it. Services currently available in San Diego are through Zipcar and car2go.
- On-Demand Ride Service for Businesses: Employers can create a corporate account with on-demand ride service providers, such as Uber. Quickly connect your employees who travel for work with convenient and reliable rides.